A link from eating well.com popped up on my email today about 32 comfort foods for fall. On the list was macaroni and cheese: the ultimate comfort food. Their video clip underscores some of the FMP “Tips & Tricks.”
- Use a full-flavored sharp cheese in the recipe. Reduce the amount.
- Use whole wheat macaroni or mix with semolina.
- Add steamed veggies to pasta meals.
- Make your own white sauce and add spices.
- Comfort foods are ok when used sparingly.
EatingWell.com has recipes and articles for flexitarians like many of us. Follow this link to their site and the Mac & Cheese recipe. One of their goals is to offer recipes with reduced fats and sugars without sacrificing taste.