“Cooking 101” is a collection of articles written for those interested in learning how to cook with natural food using basic recipes and skills. These articles may be of interest to seasoned cooks (pun intended) as a review and to entice you to include a few forgotten foods in your meal plan. Here are some categories to give you an idea of what lies ahead:
- Prepping, cooking and storing food safely
- What basic foods to have in your cupboard at all times.
- What kinds of pots, bowls, and utensils are needed in a simple kitchen.
- Tips and Tricks for smart shopping.
- Simple food prep ideas.
- Cooking with basic foods like dry beans, whole grain rice, dry pasta and whole wheat flour.
- Prepping, preserving and cooking veggies, meats and poultry.
- How to make simple sauces, dressings and master mixes’
- Which foods can be substituted (or not) in recipes.
If you are more interested in cooking perfect soufflés au fromage or broiled lamb chops with orange sauce, you may find it in “beyond the basics.”
Here are a few unsorted articles: