Home-Made master cookie mix will save you time and energy because some of the ingredients are premixed. For special cookies you can add ingredients just before baking. Here is the basic mix plus a recipe for cookie cut-outs.
In a large bowl, sift or whisk these ingredients together to make about 6 cookie recipes:
- 9 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 C white sugar
- 2 C Brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
Mix thoroughly and store in a tightly closed glass container in a cool place.
- 3C master cookie mix
- 1 stick (1/2 C) softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place cookie mix in a large bowl.
- Add butter and cut into the mixture until well mixed.
- Add vanilla, egg and 1Tbs milk and stir to mix evenly.
- Roll cookie dough until 1/8th to 1/4" thick
- Cut into different shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place parchment paper in a cookie sheet
- Place cookies on the parchment paper and bake for about 8 minutes
- Decorate with frosting or candy melts.
- Cookie dough can be placed in a sandwich bag, squeezed into a roll and frozen for later use.